Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another year goes by

Another year goes by and we survive this time of the year. The time around the summer equinox is always hard. It's the time of year that we're reminded of what could have been.

Each year gets easier. We still get anxious and testy around this time of the year but we're getting better.

Every now and then I see remnants of Sebastian's injury. Stiffness in his right hand. Weaker muscles in his right hand and fingers. A slight paralysis in his tongue sometimes.

I worry about his future but I know that he can do anything. He is infinitely talented and full of potential. He is no different than his brother or his sister. He will achieve anything he sets his mind to. All 3 of them are full of endless potential.

Each and everyday I marvel that we were so lucky and so blessed with these 3 phenomenal children. They are kind and considerate. They are funny and fun loving. They are frustrating and infuriating but overall they are perfect and I wouldn't trade them or wish things were different.

I wish we had not had to go through the uncertainty and fear of almost losing our youngest son but in the end we came out on top and it's that experience that we are trying to turn around from a negative to a positive impact.

I still feel that there is something else I'm supposed to do with this experience but I'm still not sure what that is. I'll keep looking and waiting and hopefully be able to see what I need to do when the time comes.

For now, I'm just going to try to stay focused on the present and enjoy each and every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home