Sunday, October 08, 2006

The State of Things

Well it's been a very crazy month. Lots of activities and lots of chaos. I think this a glimpse of years to come. We celebrated Sebastian and Rachel's first birthdays and then turned around and celebrated Austin's 3rd birthday today. In between the 2 birthday dates we've had therapy sessions and doctors appointments and parenting classes for Weldon and myself. Yes, Weldon and I have started taking the CPS mandated Protective Parenting classes. We are convinced more than ever that these classes are just a way for CPS to do some CYA for themselves. They have charged us with negligent supervision and physical abuse of a minor. All of this is via CPS and still nothing from the Austin Police Department. We are being accused of negligent supervision because I turned my back on Sebastian to lock Rachel in her high chair. According to CPS I should never take my eyes off of any of my kids. I really don't know how we are supposed to watch all 3 kids at the same time. I mean it's not like they stay in a nice grouping all day long. I find it very absurd that this is what CPS has is focused on. They can't prove SBS (Shaken Baby Syndrome) because their only reason for accusing us of SBS is the fact that the Opthamologist refuses to acknowledge the fact that small pinpoint retinal hemorrhages can occur outside of SBS, a 2 story fall or an auto accident at 35 mph.

The longer this goes on the angier I get. I can't believe that we are all being subjected to this nonsense. I hope and pray that the mandatory supervision is lifted very soon.

On the positive side, all of the kids are great. Sebastian is giggling and laughing. He peed on my mother the other day and giggled the entire time he was doing it. His naughty behavior is easier to catch now a days as he has taken to giggling when he does it. Rachel is learning to fight back. She is no longer the doormat her brothers once encountered. All I can say is that you better not take her toys or her phone because she will chase you down and make you pay. Austin is just smart as a whip. He empathizes with everyone and is an outdoor boy. He's also loving his Pre-school games on the computer. That kid is very computer savvy.

Sebastian will hopefully be discharged from Speech Therapy this Tuesday and will be discharged from Occupational Therapy when we next meet with the OT therapist in early November. Sebastian is doing better with his walking and will hopefully be discharged from Physical Therapy soon.

All in all we are healing. Sebastian continues to heal and make great improvements. Everyday is filled with tiny miracles and glimpses as to what's to come. I think we're going to be alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home